WHO OVERSHADOWS YOU? ~ Precious Victor Akah


We all can attest to the fact that we live in an unsafe world, no matter where in the world we may be in; whether in Africa, Europe, Asia, or Americas. But, you and I can actually be safe in an unsafe world.

I want to share this brief testimony. When COVID-19 hit the world in 2019 and the Kingdom I live in was severely affected, everyone began to panic. People started taking all the preventive measures widely announced to avoid contracting the virus, including all public precautions regarding the virus, but I was not alarmed remembering the unfailing promises of God in Psalm 91.

One day as I was reading a Christian devotional (Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Pastor Adeboye), I got a revelation from God's Word in Genesis 1:28 that emboldened and empowered me the more not to dread the virus. I wrote an article on that Scripture, where I expounded it. You can read it here: A TRUE-LIFE INCIDENT THAT ILLUSTRATES A SPIRITUAL TRUTH 

With the light I got from that Scripture and other several promises of God's protection for His children in His Word that I hung onto, I considered the virus to be NOTHING. So I did not take any precautions against the virus. I simply continued to take Holy Communion (by revelation) which I regularly take every Sunday after personal prayers. I never bought a nose mask to wear, nor hand sanitizers, nor observed the circulating COVID-19 rules. The first nose mask I ever wore was given to me as a gift by a Thai lady. And I started wearing the nose mask when the Government of Thailand and my place of employment made it compulsory for everyone to wear a nose mask. So I had to buy nose masks I could comfortably breathe in. 

Fast forward to 2021-2022, the Kingdom of Thailand was still battling with the virus and my place of employment mandated the COVID-19 vaccination. Everyone got vaccinated and was still observing all the precautions and safety rules given, but unfortunately, almost all the teachers vaccinated still contracted the virus, including many of the students. (I work in an institution of learning.)

Millions of people all over the world (including Thailand) lost their lives to the virus. And almost everyone around me contracted the virus (even those fully vaccinated and those observing the precautions). But my confidence was still in God and in His Word. The vaccine could not protect people from contracting the virus and the safety measures weren't very effective in warding off the virus either. I'm not sharing this testimony to blow my trumpet or to suggest that everyone who contracted the virus and all who died from it were not children of God, certainly not! I'm only sharing this to testify that the POWER OF GOD IS REAL and His Word and His promises to His children are REAL.

Coronavirus was near me but could not enter into me. Why? God Almighty overshadows me. To overshadow means to tower above and cast a shadow over. I did not contract the virus even though some of the pupils I was teaching and had physical contact with contracted it, even my co-Thai Teacher contracted it. Beloved, the power of God is real. And real protection, real safety is only found in God.

This is what Psalm 91:1 says, "He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." Another translation puts it this way "He who is dwelling In the secret place of the Most High, Habitually lodges in the shade of the Mighty." This is a sweet and delightful promise if you understand it. It breaks the bond of fear from you. The moment you come to God in true repentance and choose to worship and serve Him in spirit and truth, you come under His covering: you lodge in the shade/abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

Beloved, you don't have to live in fear anymore: fear of death, fear of land, sea or air accident, fear of any virus, disease or sickness, fear of the devil, demons and wicked humans, fear of terrorists or natural disasters. You just need God to overshadow you and you'll be safe in an unsafe world.

However, God can only continually overshadow you as long as you come to Him and stay with Him. If you decide to live apart from Him or fail to abide in Him, He cannot overshadow you. This means, as long as you choose not to repent from sin and commit to serving God with all sincerity of heart and in righteousness and holiness, God cannot overshadow you. It also means that after you're saved by faith in Jesus Christ, you must continue to live holy and obey the commandments of God in order for God to continue to overshadow you.

As you can see in this picture, the lion overshadows the woman. It towered above the woman and cast a shadow over her. Now the woman is only safe and shielded from external harm as long as she remains with the lion and under the lion, not above the lion. The moment she leaves the lion, or decides to get on top of the lion, she will no longer be overshadowed by the lion, which automatically exposes her to danger. So, you must stay with God and remain submitted to Him and His Word in order for God to continue to overshadow you, thus, your safety and protection is perpetually guaranteed.

"Therefore, submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil, and he will run away from you." James 4:7

Who overshadows you determines how protected and safe you are, or how unsafe and unprotected you are.

Once you accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, you come under the protection of the Almighty and He will defend you whenever an enemy (physical or spiritual) comes against you. 
Are you under the shadow of the Almighty God? Is God Almighty overshadowing you?
You become unassailable when the Almighty God overshadows you.

Shalom.



Comments


Popular Posts

POPULAR POSTS

NEED HELP?

Name

Email *

Message *