RESPECT and ATTENTION, which do you seek from men? by Precious C Philip



During the days I lived as an unwise, religious, young lady, I passionately sought after "attention from men" which was revealed in the way I dressed (showing my cleavage, thighs and stomach), and in the excessive jewelries, make-up, and accessories I adorned myself with, just to look beautiful and attractive to the opposite sex. I thought men's attention was what I needed; I didn't realise my actual need is "respect", not attention. My body yearned for attention, so I had to satisfy its desire by dressing to curry men's attention. I wanted to look appealing and attractive to both men and women.đŸ˜‰ This however did not attract the right kind of men to me (I discovered they were not the right kind of men for me when I became wise). These men were tripping for my physical body exposed in the scanty clothes I wore. They weren't really attracted to the personality housed by the physical body. They just wanted to have fun and pleasure with the appealing physical body and go on to the next lady with finer appealing body. 

But when I became wise through my relationship with Christ, the Holy Spirit and God's word, I realised how stupid, foolish and shortsighted I was. Then, I embraced change. I allowed God's word transform my mindset, change my mentality, enlighten me, educate me, and make me a prudent woman. I stopped seeking and looking for attention from men, and started seeking for respect (which is what I truly needed). The right kind of men began coming - men who aren't after my physical body, but who sought to give me respect and honor. 

Then I understood this truth: men will view you from the same viewpoint you view yourself as a woman. If you view yourself as a lady who does not need respect from men, men will view you as a woman who does not need respect and they'll disrespect you and mess you up. But if you view yourself as a lady deserving great respect, men will see you as a woman who deserves high respect and they'll give you the respect due you. When a woman is seeking attention from men, men naturally know and they'll take advantage of her. And when a woman seeks respect, men also know, and they cannot disrespect her. 

When you dress as a woman - exposing your boobs, cleavage, thighs, navel, stomach, in scanty clothes, men know you're seeking for attention; and you'll attract men who're pleasure-driven, men who're controlled by their eyes and driven by their sex drive to yourself - to come and have a taste of your exposed, appealing body. But when you dress - properly covered in decent clothes, men know you're not after their attention, and they'll quickly give you respect. 

Seek men's respect, not their attention. A woman who respects herself will be respected by men. A woman who seeks attention from men will be messed up by men. Decide to dress from today to command and receive respect from men. Attract the right kind of men to yourself by dressing the right kind of way. Wearing too much make-up and adorning yourself with a lot of jewelries and accessories can also attract the wrong kind of men to you who think you're seeking for attention. Look good, but look responsible and be godly. Embrace simplicity. Embrace decency. And you'll love the kind of men it'll fetch you. 
Heed Apostle Paul's advice - "And I want the women to make themselves attractive in the right way. Their clothes should be sensible and appropriate. They should not draw attention to themselves with fancy hairstyles or gold jewelry or pearls or expensive clothes. But they should make themselves attractive by the good things they do. That is more appropriate for women who say they are devoted to God." 1 Timothy 2:9-10 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

God bless you. 

Comments


Popular Posts

POPULAR POSTS

NEED HELP?

Name

Email *

Message *