THE MIND ~ Precious Victor Akah

One can be in an air-conditioned room yet perspiring heavily (though not having any health challenge). Many of us have experienced this. Maybe we're in the office and suddenly, we received an unpleasant/shocking news and we became sweaty in a trice, or, we're about to go up the stage to address a large crowd and we see ourselves sweaty due to nervousness. Why does this happen? THE MIND. 

Your mind controls your body. The state of your mind determines the state of your body: "A happy heart is good medicine and a joyful mind causes healing, but a broken spirit dries up the bones" (Proverbs 17:22). Your mind instructs and informs your body on how to react to situations and how to behave generally. 

If you're mentally agitated, it'll show in your body. When a person is tensed, nervous or agitated, their body temperature tends to rise, making them sweat physically or feel hot internally.
Sometimes in our home, I tell my husband I'm feeling hot and then I switch on the air-conditioner, he usually would make this statement: IT'S A MIND THING.

Initially, I felt he wasn't very understanding when he makes that statement, but after a while, I realized that his statement made some sense: there is wisdom in it. I noticed that whenever I'm agitated or when my mind is occupied with a lot of things and I'm trying to process a myriad of things in my mind simultaneously and hurriedly, because I'm being conscious of time, I would feel abnormally hot - I become sweaty or feel hot internally. But when I calm down and take things slowly and in a relaxed manner, I suddenly feel warmer. This made me realize that there is actually sense in his statement.

The other day, while taking a bath, I forgot to do an important thing I usually do after having a shower (part of my postpartum routine) because my mind was not present in the activity. My mind was occupied with something else, I only remembered I forgot to do what I was supposed to do after bathing - when I had finished drying my body with a towel. So I had to repeat the process. This is how powerful our mind is. It controls our body. It controls how we feel and it controls what we do.

There are things you may be telling yourself right now that you cannot do, because you're looking at your physical strength, mental capacity or experience you've had, but if you make up your mind to do them and tell yourself you can do them and receive help from God to take the step, you'll see yourself doing and accomplishing these things successfully, because we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. Philippians 4:13

Also, there are unpleasant situations in your life that has lingered for a long while because of the stance of your mind on them; you believe: "It is God's will", "What will be will be", "If it is God's will, I'll have it", "If it is meant for me, it'll come to me", and so on. If you change the attitude of your mind towards these things, the situations will change for good. My husband says, "God's will is God's Word; if you find it in God's Word, then it is God's will, because God has revealed His will to us in His Word." He also says, "What will be will not be unless you make it be". 

You might think your body acts independently or that your body is the "BOSS", but no, your mind is the "BOSS". Your body is subject to your mind; your body only does what your mind tells it to do. If you're thirsty and desire to get cold water from the fridge to quench your thirst, your mind tells your body that it needs to stand up and go and get water from the fridge to quench the thirst. If your mind does not instruct your body to do this, your body will not go. Likewise, if your mind does not tell your body that it can resist food and fast for a few days, you'll never fast. If your mind does not tell your body that it can pray for 30 minutes or 1 hour and not sleep off or feel tired, your body will never attempt it.

So you can do whatever you set your heart upon. You can do whatever you make up your mind to do. You can do whatever you tell your body you're going to accomplish.

Are you feeling sick right now? Speak to your body. Speak life, speak healing, speak health into your body. Are you feeling down or weak? Speak strength into your body. Recondition your mind to believe that you cannot be sick and you'll not fall sick again because that is God's promise for His children (Exodus 15:26, Deuteronomy 7:15, 3 John 1:2, Isaiah 53:5).

MAXIMIZE THE POWER OF YOUR MIND TO TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE.

The body goes where the mind goes - this statement could not be truer. 
Shalom.



Comments


Popular Posts

POPULAR POSTS

NEED HELP?

Name

Email *

Message *