THE BEAUTY OF GOD'S PATIENCE [Part I] ~ PRECIOUS VICTOR AKAH


As I studied the Scripture and saw the level of patience God demonstrated towards Moses, towards Gideon, and towards Abraham in His relations with each one of them, I cannot but write about it: The Beauty of God's Patience. The world needs to hear it. God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, is a Patient God. You have heard it before, but not in this manner. So, He will be glad if you read this blog post mindfully to the end because He has a loving, urgent message for you He doesn't want you to miss. 


We're starting this series looking at God's interaction with Father Abraham. It is such a beautiful conversation that never leaves my mind each time I reflect on God's attribute of patience. Scripture says God is Love. It also says love is patient. One of the factors that compels us to exercise patience with an individual is love for them. When love is lacking, we find it hard, if not impossible, to be patient with a person. Thus, where love is genuinely present, patience will be present.

God loved Father Abraham. That was why God showed Him unusual patience. God loves you too, that is why He is showing you unusual patience to stop doing whatever you're doing right now that does not bring pleasure, honor and glory to Him and start doing what delights Him.

Let's read the beautiful patient conversation God had with Abraham in Genesis 18:23-33. Read it slowly to enjoy it. It will wow you. Yes! Such a patient God. Many humans (both great and small) would not tolerate such repeated questions nor bear such conversation with another man. They'll consider it to be highly disrespectful, a test of their patience and anger, and a waste of their precious time. They'll fume with rage and abandon the conversation angrily. But guess what, our Lord the Father of Jesus Christ, the Almighty God, the Creator and the Owner of the entire Universe bore such conversation with a mere man. It started well and ended peacefully without a display of anger, irritation nor annoyance. Oh, I love this God. Lord, help us to be more patient (with You and with our fellow man) in Jesus' Name.

Let's read: 

"Abraham approached the Lord and said, “Will you sweep away both the righteous and the wicked? Suppose you find fifty righteous people living there in the city—will you still sweep it away and not spare it for their sakes? Surely you wouldn’t do such a thing, destroying the righteous along with the wicked. Why, you would be treating the righteous and the wicked exactly the same! Surely you wouldn’t do that! Should not the Judge of all the earth do what is right?”

And the Lord replied, “If I find fifty righteous people in Sodom, I will spare the entire city for their sake.” Then Abraham spoke again. “Since I have begun, let me speak further to my Lord, even though I am but dust and ashes. Suppose there are only forty-five righteous people rather than fifty? Will you destroy the whole city for lack of five?”

And the Lord said, “I will not destroy it if I find forty-five righteous people there.” 
Then Abraham pressed his request further. “Suppose there are only forty?” 
And the Lord replied, “I will not destroy it for the sake of the forty.” "Please don’t be angry, my Lord,” Abraham pleaded. “Let me speak—suppose only thirty righteous people are found?”

And the Lord replied, “I will not destroy it if I find thirty.” Then Abraham said, “Since I have dared to speak to the Lord, let me continue—suppose there are only twenty?” And the Lord replied, “Then I will not destroy it for the sake of the twenty.”

Finally, Abraham said, “Lord, please don’t be angry with me if I speak one more time. Suppose only ten are found there?”
And the Lord replied, “Then I will not destroy it for the sake of the ten.”
When the Lord had finished his conversation with Abraham, he went on his way, and Abraham returned to his tent."

I believe you enjoyed reading that wonderful conversation and you quite agree with me that it is a peculiar one.

Lesson: God is PATIENT. It is because of His patience that I became born again in good time before the rapture, and it is because of His patience that you're still alive, reading this post right now.

What is the message God has for you?
He asked me to beseech you on His behalf - in case you're yet to accept His Son, Jesus and fully surrender your life to Him - because you think Jesus is not coming anytime soon or that you still have long life to enjoy on earth; He asked me to implore you on His behalf to surrender your life fully to Jesus right now and live holy. He sacrificed His Son Jesus for you to live an excellent and fruitful life on earth and then live eternally with Him in heaven. Please accept His Son and live in obedience to Him. Don't let the sacrifice of His Son be a waste in your life. 

The scripture says, "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise (of coming back again), as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9 
Come to repentance today. God loves you and is waiting eagerly to receive you and give you a refreshing life.

We shall continue next week. Don't miss the next part. We'll look at God's interaction with Gideon and see how God showed Him rare patience; an extraordinary patience that was on another level. You'll enjoy it too. It is another beautiful God and man interaction in the Scripture. Be sure to come back to my blog next week Monday to read it. 

Drop your comments and questions below if you have any and we (I and the Holy Spirit) will gladly respond. 

Read last week's blog post: THE TWO MIDWIVES

Stay blessed.

Comments


Popular Posts

POPULAR POSTS

NEED HELP?

Name

Email *

Message *